Thursday 28 October 2010

"Coming Out"

One of the decisions regarding my career that I’ve been struggling with of late is whether to “come out” as my other selves. Today is the day I do that. It’s been hard keeping myself quiet, and I haven’t much liked, while in Natalie Dae mode, speaking to people I know as Emmy Ellis/Sarah Masters/Charley Oweson as though I don’t know them. It’s like deceiving people, and although the whole point of having different pen names is so you can “be” someone else, I realise it isn’t for me.

Thanks to all those people who kept SM/CO/Em a “secret” and, if you guessed they were me by my blog post style, thanks for not emailing and asking if they are me, therefore putting me in a bit of a “spot” on whether to admit it or not.

So, today I jazzed up this site to reflect “me” more instead of someone I’m not. I suppose I did my polkadot site because it’s far removed from who I really am. You know, keeping everyone separate. But now I can be me in all the genres I write.

Did you just hear that clonk? That was a huge weight falling off my shoulders.

Have a great day, folks!

2 comments:

C. Zampa said...

Welcome out, Nat/Sarah/Em!

I LOVE your site...LOVE the way the books are in the side bar to the left!

Natalie Dae said...

Hiya CZ!

The books should be either side of the centre blog. Are you only seeing one side?

:o)